Saturday, August 21, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the Roycemore Kindergarten blog!  Every Friday I will update the blog with the weekly K-news and pictures of the Kindergarten kids completing their learning activities.  At the very bottom of the blog is a Google calendar that I will keep updated with birthdays and Kindergarten events.  If you click on the event, a blurb will pop up and give additional details and times.

Ms. Wilson and I look forward to seeing you and your child at Kindergarten orientation on August 30th at 8:30am!  Please remember to bring your school supplies to school on Monday along with completed emergency medical forms.  Orientation is 45 minutes long, and parents do stay in the classroom with the children during this time.

The first day of school is Tuesday.  School begins at 8:25am (you may come as early as 7:30am to the early morning room), and the school day is over at 3pm.  There is extended day care until 6pm for those who signed up for the extended day program.

Routines and schedules are so important to children!  Give yourself plenty of time in the morning to allow for breakfast, getting dressed, gathering supplies, and giving hugs!  A rushed morning is no fun for anyone, and finding a routine that works for your family will be key for successful mornings and happy days! :)

I am looking forward to a great school year!
-Ms. Streitenberger (Ms. S.)